Executive Assistant, Sire Records
Why this could be your next big break:
Creative department responsible for both finding and developing musical artists to sign as well as producing artists and driving creative content for all forms of media.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) managing all administrative aspects of work for the President, Sire Records, as well as more detailed project management and independent projects on various levels. Requires an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized and independent person who is willing to engage in typical administrative/clerical duties as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process
Here you'll get to:
• Provide administrative and office support activities for executive including but not limited to:
• Answer and screen telephone calls and receive and direct visitors
• Coordinate calendars, scheduling and meeting logistics
• Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc)
• Coordinate travel for executive and artists
• Process and track T&E expenses
• Process packages and mail
• Book studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
• Log and respond to demo submissions
• Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems
• Assemble all label copy and credits for album releases
• Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
• Liaise with A&R administration to coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
• File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
• Oversee general office supplies (office supplies, drinks, cd stock, etc)
• Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
• Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions and writing camps and related travel
• Other duties as assigned
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• 0 - 2 years of creative experience
• Strong understanding of recording, production and creative side of business
• General knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
• Work independently and take initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Strong attention to detail
• Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
• Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
• Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
• Accurate filing and maintenance of music
• Experience or working knowledge of music industry
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Undergraduate degree
• Proficiency in social media
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.