At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Executive Assistant, A&R
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is where songwriters are heard. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We arguably have the most in demand roster in the business and the company as a whole has never been this ''hot.'' Join a winning A&R team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their journey to a #1, or #1s for that matter!
Providing direct administrative and creative support for our President, North America, A&R. You will be in charge of helping the head of A&R run smoothly by handling their calendar, pulling together expense reports, helping confirm and coordinate writing sessions, managing the LA studio calendar, liasing with songwriters and their teams and more. This position is an integral part of the President's day-to-day as well as the US creative team as a whole. We expect this assistant to be working hand in hand with other executive assistants and the rest of the A&R team to make sure all admin duties are covered and most importantly the executives and the writers they work with are fully supported.
Here you'll get to:
• Welcome visitors, screen and direct phone calls/inquiries, book sessions and manage songwriters calendar, process expenses, schedule and coordinate domestic and international meetings, maintains all calendar items, coordinate domestic and international travel, process incoming mail and correspondence, prepares outgoing mail, and ensure the office is always fully equipped and functions smoothly.
• Responsible for organizing writer sessions and studios.
• Connect with other assistants and executive assistants across departments and territories to keep your executive informed.
• Work independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
• Proofread and edit drafts and final materials for appropriate consistent format, accuracy of financial figures or other data and make corrections as needed.
• Maintain and update department files, records and publications as needed.
• Screen all correspondence and publications, bringing those of significance to the Company's attention.
• Responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for new releases / songs and delivering information to copyright department for processing via the AS/400 system.
• Maintain show and event calendar.
• Responsible for completing tasks specific within the area, department, or division along with the aforementioned duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner as determined by the officers and managers of the division and/or Company.
• Handle and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ITunes.
• Interest and knowledge of contemporary music and current music trends.
• Knowledge of general business practices.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Produce quality work and be accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well in team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A high school level education required, Bachelor's degree preferred; preferably augmented by course work in music publishing, business administration and related fields.
• One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience in an administrative supportive role preferably in a music publishing or related business, or:
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5oxq3-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.