At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Production Music Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Production Music (WCPM) is a global leader in the production music industry with over 35 years of experience and success and boasts 140,000+ unique tracks in its catalogs. With new leadership, a recent rebrand, a new music search platform, and two new recording studios (Hollywood, Nashville), WCPM is poised for explosive growth and this is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly motivated team focused on refreshing and growing the WCPM brand to meet the unique and expanding challenges of the production music industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Director, Production Music Legal Affairs to lead the legal strategy and implementation across Warner Chappell's Production Music division including contract administration for sync licenses & clearance, custom music services, music production, sub-publishing, catalog partners, new vendors, and strategic partnerships.
Here you'll get to:
• Serve as the key interface between WCPM and the wider Warner Chappell Business & Legal Affairs team representing initiatives, concerns, and priorities
• Oversee drafting and issuance of agreements including synchronization, custom music services, composers, sub-publishing, NDAs, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships including new and emerging business models.
• Liase with our sales team and clients and their BALA teams regarding contract term negotiations and revisions
• Support and advise the senior WCPM management team regarding strategic commercial decisions and opportunities as they relate to copyright law both domestically and abroad
• Oversee Sr. Coordinator, Licensing Administration handling majority of initial sync license drafting, issuance, invoicing & collections, and provide guidance and support as needed
• Oversee and manage all aspects of contract administration including drafting, revising, renewals/addendums, tracking execution & invoicing status, and archiving
• Oversee sync invoicing (Accts Receivable) including related reporting, in conjunction with Warner Chappell Finance department
• Field inquiries from sales staff and clients regarding contract terms and requirements to find and drive solutions to suit clients needs
• Field the more complex inquiries from composers, producers, and/or their representatives regarding music production agreements
• Update, refine, and draft templates as needed
• JD / Law degree
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organisational and proofing skills
• Ability to identify and advise on legal implications in dealmaking while furthering business objectives and goals
• Client-forward and solutions-oriented with excellent communication skills
• Experienced in production music and custom music industries including both client services and music production
• Familiar with performance rights society practices and legal requirements both domestically and abroad
• You have a strong sense of drive and initiative
• Ability to work efficiently and well under pressure
• Well-spirited, hard-working, and a happy-to-help attitude
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A familiarity with popular music clearance & licensing
• Stay informed on the latest industry trends as the apply to copyright law (in particular digital and emerging models)
• Strong analytical skills with a finey tuned attention to detail as often the last quality control step
• Creativity and curiosity
• A collaborative personality that contributes well in a team setting
• Multilingual particularly in Spanish
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2120-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.