A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world's leading distributor of independent music. We strive to be a valuable partner to our label clients, guiding them to success across the commercial and marketing space, as well as providing a suite of label services from publicity to radio promotion. We work globally to deliver high-impact opportunities, and work to ensure reliable and visible content pipelines around the world.
As ADA's Director of Business Development, you will work hand in hand with ADA's Chief of Staff to make ADA's future vision a reality. You will drive forward new business for the company, both for 3rd party partners and label and artist clients. Your job is to ensure ADA's strategic goals are met through continuing to drive business, socialized within ADA and the wider WMG staff, with the end of goal of maximizing business results.
Here you'll get to:
• Be the tactical development lead on acquisitions, partnership development, and strategic growth initiatives at ADA
• Own and maintain financial models, competitive analysis, strategic communication collateral, and other materials to aid in executive team decisions on acquisition targets
• Liaise with different business stakeholders to gather and provide feedback on strategic business objectives, connecting the dots and accelerating decision- making process.
• Work with International teams and heads to ensure ADA's strategic goals are benefitting our teams and partners worldwide
• Accelerate company initiatives, defining a value proposition, developing process and driving education and adoption internally and externally
• Liaise between staff, senior leadership, and President, regarding company climate, executing projects that serve new company vision
• Own and maintain documentation, strategy decks, pitch processes, timelines, etc to ensure the success of strategic initiatives.
• Liaise with potential 3rd party partners, agencies, and potential acquisition targets who can help ADA deliver on their value proposition
• Conduct analysis on strategic initiatives, identifying their value and KPIs for success
• Dynamic thinker who thrives on problem solving and group collaboration
• Highly organized with a strong emphasis on multi-tasking, with the ability to take a project from inception to execution
• Creative and strategic communicator with an eye for design and able to use visual, verbal, and written communication to shepherd ideas to fruition
• You have a strong understanding of music distribution, and its place within the creator, label, and DSP ecosystem
• You have demonstrably strong analytical skills and an ability to distill an analysis down to its actionable through-line
• A creative problem solver who can take a wide array of input, synthesize it, and create order from chaos, adding value along the way
• An expert communicator, with the ability to clarify issues, remove roadblocks, and close the loop internally and externally
We'd love it if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• Experience in branding and corporate development
• Experience with people development and team leadership
• Independent distribution experience
• 5-7 years of experience in high matrixed corporate settings, ideally in cross-functional strategic roles focused on business development
• Financial modelling and analysis experience
$90,000 - $110,000 Annually
Salary Ranges are included for all NY, California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpqkpx-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.