Coordinator, Digital Fulfillment & Timed Release Support
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Coordinator, Sync
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standard. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner Chappell Music provides a deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner Chappell currently publishes and administers music from Lizzo, Lil Jon, Smashing Pumpkins, Justin Tranter, George Michael, Cranberries, Lil Wayne, Rae Sremmurd, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton, Eric Clapton, FUN, Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Katy Perry, Led Zeppelin, Annapurna, Madonna, Miramax Films, Muse, Radiohead, Stephen Sondheim, Cole Porter, among many others.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, detail orientated, team-player, and results-driven individual for the full-time position of Coordinator, Sync based in Los Angeles.
The Synchronization department represents music publishing rights and offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve songwriters by strategically developing new opportunities in Film, TV, Advertising, Video Games and other audio/visual media. In this role you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your talents under direct supervision with some latitude for independent judgment and decisions.
This role will directly report to the SVP of Clearance and Sync Licensing and will work closely with the clearance and licensing teams as we collectively carry out our monthly priorities. There will be daily interaction with sync clients and other departments at the company. This position will impact the team by being an organized and proactive team player with a great ability to integrate a spirited approach to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We believe in synergy, solutions and being innovative in our approach to managing the high demands of our work flow which makes this a fun and challenging team to join.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with all members of the clearance and licensing teams depending on the stage of project.
• Enter synchronization quotes into digital system.
• Perform research duties of the Company's rights to songs and copyright provisions.
• Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests including, but not limited to television, live-streaming concerts, documentaries, student films, etc.
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments as well as outside parties including but not limited to co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their manager and/or lawyers, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees.
• Manage and be responsible for handling both telephone and correspondence from parties requesting fee quotations and license requests for the use of Company products contained in the catalogue.
• Maintain records such as logs, files, and deals.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must have strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments; produce quality work and be accountable.
• Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service engagement, both via email and phone.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Manage time.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations; anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes; innovate and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Self-starter, self-motivated and take responsibility/ownership of tasks; think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically; consistently take initiative.
• Ability to work well within a team.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A high school level education or its equivalent is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred, preferably augmented by course work in music business and/or related fields.
• Some prior experience within a Sync department, preferably in a music publishing company.
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, enough to qualify for the requirements of position.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, an