Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
A little bit about our team:
Global Asset Management is responsible for the management of master assets across all of WMG. This includes audio, video, photographic, and art assets used in the production of WMG products. Global Asset Management is also responsible for the quality control, and distribution of assets that globally feed the physical and electronic supply chain. This includes current releases as well as legacy content. This department has the additional responsibility of maintaining the high quality of digitization standards across all media types as well as a high quality of data integrity that allows for the swift location and deployment of assets on the behalf of WMG.
Why this could be your next big break:
As part of the Library Services division of the Global Asset Management team you will have the opportunity to work with the original master recordings for some of the top artists of all time. Ranging from mono Jazz recordings of the 1950's to tomorrow's new Pop single, you will be one of the select few who partakes in the daily treasure hunt for archival sources used in exciting new projects. This includes everything from new digital releases to remastering campaigns, remixing, licensing and game development. As new audio and video masters are delivered daily by Labels and producers, you will archive and catalog them to ensure they are preserved for the future and accessible today.
Here you'll get to:
• Interact with WMG departments around the world including A&R, WEA Studio Services, Release Operations, Sync Licensing, Brand Partnerships and Legal
• Coordinate delivery of audio and video masters with engineers and A&R
• Coordinate digital delivery of masters utilizing file transfer systems such as Aspera, Box and Dropbox
• Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot delivery issues
• Review files to ensure compliance with WEA Master Delivery Specifications
• Prepare master delivery reports documenting required assets including multitracks, stems and different mix versions.
• Catalog and archive files to Library server
• Replace and update with revisions as needed
• Research and provide best available audio sources for different product types (digital, CD, vinyl, etc.). Must ensure that assets provided are of the highest quality and ideal for intended use.
• Coordinate retrieval of assets from WMG's global archive facilities both from physical carriers and cloud-based storage solutions
• Help identify different legacy audio and video formats and know how they are used in the production process.
• Perform large scale asset research for business development initiatives (e.g. 24 bit audio for Amazon UHD and other high-resolution offerings)
• Coordinate digital transfers of master tapes. Requires database research and asset review to determine which sources are masters.
• Arrange for files to be delivered to the requestor as well as the Library for archiving.
• Coordinate stem mixing with outside engineers. Involves providing proper multitrack sources, outlining delivery specifications, and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Perform light audio engineering tasks such as file conversion, simple editing, and DAT transfers
• Track master delivery compliance and prepare monthly reports with statistical analysis
• You will fulfil audio and video requests utilizing database research and problem-solving skills
• Check-in and check-out physical assets and assist with retrieval and refile may be required to lift up to 25lbs on a daily basis
• Ensure the preservation of assets utilizing proper handling and archival storage procedures
• Understand the recording and audio and video production processes and associated terminology
• Have knowledge of digital audio and video master types
• Have knowledge of legacy audio and video formats
• Retrieve files from servers, hard drives, DVROMs and other media. Convert to desired formats as needed and send via electronic delivery
• Extensive knowledge of hard drive usage and safe handling
• Troubleshoot technical issues and provide assistance to third parties
• Understand usage and clearance requirements for different asset types and catalogs
• Have intermediate Excel proficiency including commonly used formulas
• Be proficient with Mac and PC platforms
• Have strong attention to detail
• Have outstanding organizational skills
• Have acute attention to detail
• Have strong technical abilities and are proficient with Pro Tools
• Have 1-2 years' experience in audio or video production
• Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Have great multitasking and time management skills for working in a fast-paced environment
• Be flexible and willing to work on many different tasks and projects
• Work both independently and in a team environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A college degree in music business or audio production
• Music industry experience
• Experience working in an archive or library
• Research and database experience
• Knowledge of Digital Asset Management systems
• Historical knowledge or artists across multiple eras and genres
Why join us?
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn55j-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.