Job Title: Coordinator, Global Catalog Marketing
A little bit about our team:
There has never been a more exciting time to work in catalog in the music industry. Thanks to new mobile and digital platforms and renewed interest in physical formats, discovery is unlimited and new generations of fans are listening to the best music ever recorded, regardless of when it was released, on their own terms. Fans listen across genres and decades – a good song is a good song. Digital platforms make the entire history of recorded music available, and our job in catalog is to ensure that our artists are in the best position to be heard.
Warner Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Global Marketing Coordinator to join our team. We are a tight-knit, high-performing group that oversees the catalogs of Warner Music Group's on and off roster artists from the last 20 years spanning all genres (pop, hip-hop, r&b, rock, alternative, metal, country, dance and latin). We collaborate with our frontline labels and artists under the Recorded Music division to develop new catalog opportunities in marketing, A&R, content development, and consumption, and then convert our findings into new strategies that are deployed across the company. We think and act like entrepreneurs. We are looking for a team member that can help us function effectively, efficiently, and creatively while learning from and collaborating with our two Global SVPs and Global Marketing Directors.
In this role you will develop expert fluency in the catalog of Warner Music Group's Recorded Music division providing support to two Global SVPs and Global Marketing Directors. You will work alongside the team to increase exposure for artists and drive revenue by helping implement campaign ideas that complement active frontline campaigns, highlighting opportunities for incremental growth, sharpening and implementing standard processes and increasing internal awareness of the value of our artists' catalogs in an ''always-on'' marketplace. This role aims to bridge the history of our artists' careers with their active releases, and to continue building fanbases that stay with them forever.
Here you'll get to:
• Work closely with Global Catalog Development & Marketing Directors and assist on all aspects of an artist marketing campaign across their roster of active artists. Providing support from conceptualisation and planning, all the way through to execution and beyond.
• Support on both physical releases and streaming campaigns across both traditional marketing and digital. Responsibilities include assisting on the physical and digital release process with A&R, production and content development teams, generating organic marketing ideas, briefing in social/creative assets, arranging meetings and agendas.
• Oversee and help manage our relationship with internal and external creative teams/agencies to produce purposeful and impactful content for campaigns.
• Manage release schedules, calendars and databases for use by shallow catalog team and other departments
• Look for new innovative ways and moments to market our shallow catalog by keeping up to date and communicating key marketing developments, new technologies and competitor's marketing campaigns.
• Coordinate artist research and audience insight with the Research & Analysis team.
• Support Global Catalog Development & Marketing Directors in creating artist and project presentation decks via PowerPoint/Canva.
• Schedule, attend, participate in and take notes for meetings with frontline labels and other internal teams within the organization as well as key meetings with artist management.
• Manage budgets with Global Catalog Development & Marketing Directors
• Create Purchase Orders for all marketing and digital marketing related activations. Ensure these are assigned to the correct project and accounted for in the related budget.
• Act as point person for accounts payable, finance department and for all new and existing vendors to ensure accounts are set up to be paid
• Supervise the inventory and distribution of promotional products on behalf of the Shallow Catalog Content Teams
• Be present at events, artist appearances, etc. when necessary
• Coordinate ticket buys with frontline labels
• Arrange and oversee interviews and selection process of interns
• General office duties & administrative tasks such as ordering supplies
• Ensure department is organized and product is put away and allocated
• Passionate about music across a variety of genres including pop, r&b, hip-hop, rock, alternative, metal, dance/electronic, Latin, and country (keen interest in music of the last 20 years beneficial!) and have knowledge of Warner Music Group's roster of current artists
• Willing to challenge the status quo and understand the need to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the modern, ''always-on'' world
• Interested in and passionate about digital and social media, a tech savvy individual who is current with trends and pop culture
• Strong presentation, computer and communication skills (phone, VC, written, in person)
• Practice using storytelling to showcase innovative ideas and achieve goals
• Experience in streaming, sales, and marketing analysis
• You have experience with producing or crafting content & bringing content to market
• Knowledge in processing POs, invoices, tracking spends and working with finance/ accounts payable
• Highly organized with strong project and time management skills to bring fresh ideas to life across a variety of departments
• Ability to prioritize workload, goals, targets and time, work independently and remain calm under pressure
• You are meticulous and follow through on projects and assignments
• Motivated, ambitious, and have passion to learn and form relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts
• A team oriented and can-do attitude with an eagerness to collaborate
• Flexibility with working across many international time zones as some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours
• Plus if you have Record Label experience
• You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven success creating and sustaining a diverse, open and inclusive culture
$17.95 to $22 Hourly
Salary Ranges are included for all NY, California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q9xv-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.