Job Title: Coordinator, Global Catalog
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, meticulous senior coordinator to join our team. We are a tight-knit, high-performing group that oversees the catalogs of several hundred artists, and are looking for another team member that can help us function effectively, efficiently, and creatively!
We specialize in Warner's esteemed artists who signed to the label more than 20 years ago, spanning genres from soul, R&B, jazz, and hip-hop to classic rock and pop.
Our new coordinator has the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the strategists, marketers, and A&R directors responsible for some of the most critically acclaimed releases in recent years from beloved artists including Joni Mitchell, The Doors, Busta Rhymes, CSNY, Fleetwood Mac, The Replacements, Aretha Franklin, and more. This person will be part of a dynamic team re-imagining what it means to develop and market catalog albums in a streaming world, crafting releases that will introduce timeless hits and forgotten gems to new generations of fans, and help protect and grow the legacies of iconic artists for the foreseeable future. This position is a great platform for someone looking to get into the music industry to learn the foundational skills at the intersection of art and commerce, and to use those skills to grow inside the company.
Here you'll get to:
• Learn each step of the process of producing physical music product and work as a liaison between the production and content development teams
• Work with the art team to create quick-turn digital assets for trending moments
• Participate in and contribute to the A&R process to help make incredible records and digital releases for iconic artists
• Facilitate successful marketing campaigns by managing the purchase order and invoice intake process
• Manage budgets
• Manage release schedules and calendars in a dynamic and fast-paced retail, viral, and supply chain-influenced environment
• Support marketing by supervising the inventory and distribution of promotional products on behalf of the content teams
• Work alongside the A&R admin team to ensure that all paperwork and relevant metadata related to every single, album, and video release is accurate, consistent, and complete
• Work with the business affairs and legal teams to ensure that songs, albums, samples, and artwork is appropriately cleared for release
• Facilitate communications between multiple teams and project managers
• Able to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Able to work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
• Interested in learning how to handle invoicing, PO generation, and other key business processes
• Current on today's music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
• Able to effectively optimize processes and efficiencies, and manage budgets
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), along with a high aptitude for learning new software programs.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working in a remote environment
• Able to access high-speed internet at all times
• Competent in relevant digital literacy and basic competence with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Able and willing to commute to the offices in downtown Los Angeles in a post-pandemic world when in-person work resumes
• Able to travel to meetings as needed through their own means of transportation
We'd love it if you also had:
• High school level education or its equivalent, including and/or augmented by additional course work, preferably at the college level, in business administration or a related field
• One (1) to two (2) years of highly relevant experience, preferably at a record label, management company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9qq1-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.