At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artists and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience. We honor our diverse history and embrace the future with unwavering passion & ambition.
As the independent sales and marketing arm of Warner Music Group, the ADA Label Management team works closely with distributed artists and label partners to help realize our common goals for promoting music on a global basis while optimizing sales opportunities. The Commerce & Marketing team sits at the center of ADA, collaborating with label management, operations, services, finance, business affairs and the whole of Warner Music Group.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is a unique opportunity to work with exciting independent artists and label partners while helping ADA's commercial and marketing teams guide labels and helping to get their creative to the masses. In addition to being at the forefront of a distribution community, this position has the visibility and engagement in all the new methods of music delivery and consumption. This position will have the ability to make a meaningful impact on ADA's business; while also developing relationships with our label partners, DSP's, artists, employees and co-workers.
Here you'll get to:
• Help assist the Executive Vice President of Commerce and Marketing.
• Communicate your deep passion and interest in music across all genres!
• Serve as a key liaison in the creation and timely delivery of key sales and marketing collateral both on the account and internal facing side.
• Learn and maintain an acute understanding of commercial and marketing initiatives around key Digital Service Providers (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon, Pandora etc.) and how they intersect with socials
• Work closely with ADA Digital team on pitches for playlisting consideration.
• Work with the Warner Music Research + Analytics on various projects.
• Provide admin support for the commerce and marketing teams, including executive calendar support and external meeting coordination and facilitation
• Create and maintain sales pitch grids containing release and marketing information for ADA's priority titles on a weekly basis, including any store specific grids
• Create and maintain priority long lead release schedule for label partner priorities
• Create and disseminate weekly internal commerce reports as needed
• Maintain and source information for account best practices and assist in communicating any material changes to account best practices
• Maintain account opportunities documentation and assist in solicitation as needed
• Work with finance to create and maintain global uplift tracking documents and socialize internal teams
• Assist marketing teams with social calendars and marketing documentation as needed
• Communicate status of, and issues relating to, album releases to key executives and all departments company wide.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 1-2 years of meaningful music industry experience with an emphasis on consumer-based/digital marketing experience.
• Keen interest and knowledge of Digital Service Providers and key social platforms
• Strong pro-active communication, time management/team building skills, attention to detail and organizational skills required, verbal and written.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to receive feedback and apply that knowledge to future problems
• Interest in data as a tool for marketing and operational efficiencies, with a willingness to learn new systems and processes
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects across multiple verticals with superior attention to detail.
• Major proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook with design skills a major plus.
• College degree preferred.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kveq-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.