News Production Assistant
Coordinator, Catalog Ingestion
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after WEA Release Management team.
A little bit about our team:
Based in London, Nashville, New York and LA, the WEA Release Management team is involved in the production of digital releases originating from the main US labels (WR, ATL, Rhino), UK labels (WR UK, ATL UK, Parlophone UK, East/West) and the 3rd party distributed labels (ADA US and ADA UK). It is also home to the Central Scheduling Team who set up all releases from wholly owned labels outside of the repertoire owners domestic market.
The role sits within the a newly created division of the Release Management team, called Catalog Ingestion. This is a new team which will focus on increasing the speed that WMG can ingest catalogs once deals have been agreed either as distribution or acquisition. The role will be situated in Nashville, which alongside London, is where the Catalog Ingestion team are based. You will be working in an ever changing, fast paced environment to help the team ensure newly acquired catalogs are ingested into the supply chain and delivered to partners in a timely manner.
Why this could be your next big break:
Up until now, Catalog Ingestion has been an additional effort across many digital production specialists from different departments alongside their day-to-day roles. Now, the company has committed to creating a dedicated team of individuals that still sit across these different departments but are fully focused on catalog ingestion projects.
This commitment from the company means it is a great opportunity for a candidate to come in and have a big impact.
Here you'll get to:
Work alongside and assist the Senior Release Management Managers in the Catalog Ingestion process. The main function of this role is to validate each product related to a catalog ingestion project to ensure that it meets the highest standards. Therefore, this role will involve:
• Reviewing metadata so that it complies with both Apple and WMG's standards
• Investigate catalog nuances that arise due to language or genre differences
• Validating artwork received to ensure it complies with the company standards and matches titling contained in the label copy metadata
• Research original release dates to ensure accuracy
• Liaising with the studio team to process assets
• Staying up to date with new style guide requirements by working closely with the validation and product data management teams
• Organise and discuss edits with relevant label representatives
• Assist the Senior Managers in any administrative tasks related to the Catalog Ingest process
• Keep track and provide status updates on team calls on the progress of catalogs as they are worked through the systems
• Support the wider Release Management team during busy periods
• Help the team with any other ad-hoc activities and projects as they arise. E.g. revenue generation projects, system development projects and cross departmental projects
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
This role requires candidates with the following skills:
• You have strong Excel skills (ideally to an advanced level) and are open and inquisitive in learning new technologies and processes. Much of what we do is based on utilizing bespoke systems to release our products in a very coordinated way
• You are able to demonstrate excellent multitasking, organization and time management skills with an ability to prioritize within the workload and meet deadlines
• You need exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills. This role is all about seeing the detail and we want candidates who are naturally curious and who triple-check their work to ensure it is right
• You thrive under-pressure. The stakes are high in this particular role and we need someone who is calm, composed and meticulous with the ability to maintain focus and accuracy in a fast-moving environment
• As we are providing a service to both internal and external labels, it's is imperative that you have great interpersonal and communications skills who will excel in an inclusive environment
• Most importantly, have a love for music including a keen interest in the digital music industry in particular distribution and supply chain elements. You don't have to be a musician, but we want someone who would feel gratified in knowing that they are contributing to the overall cause
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous experience of working within digital supply chains
• Any editing or proofreading experience
• Any experience using Photoshop
• A good collaborative attitude is a big thing to us. We work closely within our own team and with other teams
• We are looking for someone who gets along easily with people and is a good teammate
• A university degree (or equivalent) in any relevant field
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.