At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Contractor - Social Media Assistant, Digital Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist's career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Social Media Assistant contractor position reports directly to the Vice President of Digital Marketing, and is the primary role in supporting the label's artists, and establishing solutions in the promotion of new releases weekly on the Atlantic Records social media accounts. Within the role, you will work on reaching thousands of music fans by creating social posts across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube Community and Triller. Here you'll be able to support priority releases of some of the best and biggest artists. You will work with people within the digital marketing and creative services departments and establish the Atlantic Records voice as you engage a multitude of fan bases across all genres. You'll also brainstorm digital marketing strategies and campaigns, stay up-to-date with current trends, and establish a fluency within social media platforms.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, and able to multi-task as you will be juggling the social media marketing of a multitude of releases. This person is interested in promotion online with innovative digital campaigns AND has an interest in new technology. They read blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out, and has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue. They live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways. You MUST be highly creative, extremely motivated, and love being a part of a team.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate with Digital Marketing teams to support weekly releases on the company's social media platforms
• Actively manage and promptly promote the day-to-day artist releases, activations, priorities, catalog integrations and general content
• Provide roll out support for both artist and Atlantic Records campaigns
• Oversee and update all social media platforms and current scheduler: Later/Link in Bio
• Actively update the Atlantic Records company website with new releases including: albums, singles, music videos, New Music Friday posts and more
• Coordinate with Digital Marketing teams and email team to support releases, merch, playlists, opt-ins, tours and more to be sent out in weekly newsletters
• Maintain a weekly and monthly calendar with new releases, music videos, artist content, heritage months, and more
• Update Atlantic Records playlists on YouTube, Spotify and Soundcloud on a weekly basis with all new releases
• Create and/or update links to content via Linkfire to be included in social posts
• Coordinate with creative services department in the creation of weekly and months assets including: animated clips, static visuals, banners, social skins, landing pages, and more
• Keep up-to-date with current music industry and social media trends
• Research artist and TikTok content for weekly/monthly priority releases and daily social posts
• Provide weekly data/analytic reports regarding social media engagement and follower growth
• You have a passion for music and tech - we know you're at you're best when you're doing what you love and are looking for Rockstar candidates that LOVE the internet, technology, social media and music
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities
• You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
• You are insanely detail-oriented
• You are excellent at listening, interpreting, and communicating
• You are creative and curious self-starter
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• 1-2 years of Digital Marketing experience
• 1-2 years of music industry experience preferred; other related experience considered
• Experience working with artists and marketing across genres and across social media platforms
• Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (TikTok Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, Snapchat, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our bu
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7901-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.