Warner Bros. Discovery
London, United Kingdom
Business Development Manager (12 Month FTC)
Job Title: Business Development Manager at WMX - 12 Month FTC
A little bit about our team:
Our purpose is to elevate artists and brands through culturally relevant partnerships, best-in-class creative campaigns and smart exposure to audience. WMX, is a portfolio of artist services that are positioned centrally within Warner Music Group in London. We work across all of the groups record labels, artists, and imprints. Our team is made up of skilled professionals with music industry, brand and agency experience working across strategy, planning, creative and campaign management disciplines.
The wider WMX portfolio of operations includes Content & Media Sales, E-Commerce, Merchandise & Licensing, Retail Partnerships and Audience Strategy & Insights.
The overall purpose of WMX is to help artists develop long term commercial business opportunities beyond music.
Our vision: We are the creative business partner that artists and brands can't live without.
Our mission: Is to build the most powerful world around music artists. Inspired by music, for the longevity and elevation of our artists, the gratification of our fans and the growth of our brands.
At WMX you will get to work within one of the world's leading music companies.
You will be a key part of the Business Development team, ensuring exciting talent and creative opportunities are secured for our artists. Working closely with the Head of Business Development, this will range from opening relationships with key brands, pitching artists and our services, through to negotiation and helping win new business. We are looking for candidates who understand culture and crucially have a strong track-record working in business development. Armed with unique artist insights you'll get to build relationships with some of the most exciting brands on a range of unique opportunities. Business development is the lifeblood of the team, so we're looking for someone super committed and ready to get stuck in!
The key services that the team offers are:
Brand Partnerships / Brand Strategy / Artist and Brand Creative /
Brand Building / Brand Licensing / Access to Music Audiences
Here you'll get to:
• Work across the lead-generation process end-to-end.
• Meet and present to decision makers at global brands and agencies.
• Manage, nurture and grow your own pipeline.
• Collaborate with Head of Business Development on talent contracts, brand follow-up and building artist decks/proposals to send out to prospective clients.
• Support on the creation and updating of artist one-pagers.
• CRM Management.
• Research – supporting on artist and brand research that can inform our strategic thinking.
• Take an active role in artist brand planning.
• Build strong working relationships with artist managers and our label colleagues.
• You'll have proven business development experience in music, creative or talent-led agencies.
• A track-record for procuring talent or creative new business.
• You are highly organized, hard working with a commercial mindset.
• You are a self-starter, who can work well within a small and fast-moving team.
• You are great with people, can build rapport and understand brand challenges.
• You deal well with pressure and have the ability to multi-task.
• You are thorough and have strong attention to detail.
• You are a collaborative and natural team player.
• You have experience with Keynote and know how to build presentations.
• A genuine passion for music, brands and culture.
We'd love it if you also had:
• An understanding of the music industry.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. As such this document can be reasonably modified by the Employer at any time.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wn7y-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.