A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group has always been one step ahead of culture and at the forefront of creativity. Now WMX brings brands a direct link to Warner Music Group's iconic roster of artists and digital platforms, award-winning storytelling, and massive global scale as a Top 5 video media company in the US - an offering no other company can match.
The WMX creative team is seeking a conceptual Associate Creative Director with a writing background to work in a team responsible for developing multi-platform marketing campaigns for WMX across our suite of publishing platforms. We conceptualize and build campaigns across our owned and operated media and platforms for major brands. We tell stories that drive engagement and win awards.
You are a talented ACD writer, idea broker, and out of the box thinker who is responsible for leading concept development and the translation and extension of concepts into effective copy for dynamic online campaigns. Under the direction of a CD, you will work hands-on on several projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of creative development. You're equally good at inspiring teams and mentoring junior creatives, as well as providing clear direction and concrete constructive criticism. You work independently, with limited oversight from your manager. Must have excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior, high-level clients.
Here you'll get to:
• Ideate and conceptualize highly entertaining content rooted in insights to creative award-winning campaigns for the WMX brand
• Develop multi-media extensions that extend the campaign across the WMX ecosystem
• Manage a high-volume creative and campaign types in parallel
• Lead teams to develop big, cut through ideas that get results
• Manage the creative process: You'll have many balls in the air at once, and you'll keep things flowing smoothly, continually reviewing and optimizing every piece of creative work your team produces
• Own the RFP distribution process, and approve the work of your assigned creative team with the support of your CD
• Own the process of providing Jr creatives, copy writers and other team members with feedback, and train employees on an ongoing basis
• Engage with strategy leads and the research team to ensure creative work is in line with strategic goals and on message for the target audience for each campaign
• Responsible for articulating big ideas to senior leadership, clients, and internal partners as well as effectively pitching creative work to oftentimes non-creative stakeholders. You'll be the greatest advocate for our work, but you'll also listen and internalize feedback so that we can come back with creative that exceeds expectations
• Responsible for fostering positive relationships among the internal teams, the creative department, direct reports, as well as other agency partners, and clients
• Be responsible for continually researching platform/industry/creative/ trends and socialize information regularly to the creative team
• Provide leadership/motivation and convey the vision and values of the creative team
• Inspire others, build a team that demands exceptional quality of itself, and lead by example.
• Oversee and steward creative from ideation, to production, post production. Review all final cuts, to ensure projects are creatively brilliant, strategically on point, and seamlessly executed, on time and on budget
You are passionate about…ideas, culture, music, story telling, and inspiring a team.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Award winning digital portfolio, deep interest and knowledge in music culture, management experience, international experience or experience working with global teams.
Job Posting Range
Job Posting Ranges are included for NYC based and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3mwx9-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.