Team Assistant, Content & Commercial Strategy
Los Angeles, CA
Assistant, Video Production
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'VIDEO' team at 'ATLANTIC RECORDS' in 'LOS ANGELES.'
Job Title: Assistant, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Video Production department is responsible for producing music videos and video content for the entire Atlantic Records Group roster of artists. The department is involved in all aspects of production – from concept to completion.
Why this could be your next big break:
While proving admirative support to the department's video commissioners, you will be immersed in a world where you will learn everything there is to know about music video and content production at a major record label. Atlantic Records was the first label to create a content department and is an organization that embraces and supports video production and creatives. Here, you will develop the skills to one day become a video commissioner.
Here you'll get to:
• Arrange artist and commissioner travel for video shoots (flights, hotels, cars, etc.) as needed.
• Maintain detailed production and video status reports.
• Help solicit potential directors by organizing creative briefs.
• Maintain treatment files per video.
• Communicate special needs for artists with production companies (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security, etc.)
• Gather key artist contacts and distribute call sheets internally before shoots.
• Assist in distributing rough and final cuts when directed.
• Maintain creative databases (keeping track of production companies, stylists, hair, makeup, editors, DP's, etc.)
• Manage and submit expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Provide strong administrative support that is critical to the success of our operation.
Rockstar candidates have:
• Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand and gel with various personalities and genres of music.
• Ability to take constructive criticism with a positive attitude.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize many jobs at once.
• An eagerness to learn about all facets of video production at a major label.
• Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette.
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining good working relationships.
• A pulse on new videos, techniques and talent (directors, editors, models, etc.)
• A strong desire to pursue a career in music video and content production.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong creative outlook.
• Broad knowledge of film production techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of film and music video industry and history.
• Desire to work within all genres of music.
• Willingness to learn and grow within a great organization.