Digital Operations Coordinator
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Production Music
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Production Music (WCPM) is a global leader in the production music industry with over 35 years of experience and success and boasts 140,000+ music tracks in its catalogs. With new leadership, a forthcoming new website, and two new recording studios (Hollywood, Nashville), WCPM is poised for growth in numerous segments of the music industry including expansion of its custom music services, online presence, and co-venture opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly motivated team focused on refreshing and growing the WCPM brand to meet the unique and expanding challenges of the production music industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Assistant to support two executives across Business Development & Operations and Sub-Publishing & Catalog Relations. This role will have direct access to high level discussions and meetings across various sections of the business and help drive strategy forward.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide general executive support including scheduling, travel, and expenses
• Prepare executive presentations and decks
• Attend meetings, prepare agendas, and take minutes
• Research clients, markets, and other assignments as needed
• Assist with special client events and gifting
• Track incoming new albums from catalog partners and ensure smooth release process
• Process catalog partner requests including sourcing information from various departments
• Track sub-publisher and catalog agreements, invoices, and payments
• Monitor and audit third party sub-publisher platforms for WCPM music
• Communicate catalog changes to third party sub-publishing partners
• Support various platform planning, development, and testing
• Coordinate special projects as needed and maintain various tracking documents
• Obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Has deck preparation skills (e.g. Power Point, Keynote)
• You have a strong sense of drive and initiative
• Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with executives
• Ability to work efficiently and well under pressure
• Well-spirited, hard-working, and a happy-to-help attitude
• Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite products (Excel especially), Slack, and can learn new project management tools effectively
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Familiarity with Salesforce, Source Audio, and other music hosting platforms
• Strong analytical skills with a fine tune to detail as often the last quality control step
• Experience in Production Music and music rights a plus, but not required
• Contract experience (not required)
• Creativity and curiosity
• Passion for music and depth of knowledge across music genres
• A collaborative personality that contributes well in a team setting
• Experience with sampling a plus.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.