Social Media Assistant, Digital Marketing
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Job Title: Assistant to the SVP of Digital Marketing and Digital Marketing Department
A little bit about our team:
The SVP of Digital Marketing oversees Atlantic Records' full-service, agency-like digital marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology, unlike any other at a record label.
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. They are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, they build online fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. They create, market, distribute and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
You'll provide executive support to the SVP of Digital Marketing, as well as the digital department as a whole. You'll wear a lot of hats and you'll have the opportunity and responsibility to get involved in all aspects of our marketing strategy, with a unique insight into the company, both at a high level, as well as digging in deep with one of the biggest teams in the company. This role is a stepping stone to become a digital marketer. If you love all things digital, don't mind listening to loud music all day, can actively participate in spontaneous brainstorms, and love a fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide overall executive support, including calendar management, phones/call logs, expense reports, overall organization and travel for the SVP as requested
• Act as a liaison with external partners to coordinate department wide meetings and securing internal facilities as needed
• Initiate purchase orders and process department invoices for payment by AP
• Coordinate day-to-day tools and account creation for 30+ person department (i.e., Jira, Box, Lastpass, Rosters, Department Calendar)
• Help organize a large, ever-changing team of creatives
• Participate in digital marketing creative brainstorming
• General support of the digital department to keep everything running smoothly and efficient
• Handle ad-hoc projects such as presentation creation and industry analysis
• You are nice!
• You enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems
• You are a self-starter and highly motivated
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities and excellent attention to detail
• You LOVE technology, social media and music (and use it!)
• You are able to prioritize multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are a quick learner and aren't afraid to ask questions
• You are excited to learn a little bit of everything and willing to jump in on any project
• You are outgoing and confident interfacing with all employees/external partners
• You are curious and ask questions
We'd love it if you also had:
• You have a BS or BA in Marketing. Communications or similar
• Music/entertainment-related internships or experience
• Understanding of current digital marketing landscape and keeps up with emerging trends
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools
• A bit of experience in an assistant/support/operations role in the music/entertainment industry or other face-paced, innovative environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g432z1-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.