WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant/ Coordinator, A&R Administration (title commensurate with experience)
A little bit about our team:
The intersection of A&R, Business Affairs and Finance, the A&R Administration team at Atlantic Records leads all aspects of the recording process from a business perspective. This includes administering all A&R-related budgets and handling recording-related legal issues and logistics. Further, the department serves as the primary interface between A&R/Marketing/Legal and Production in the creation and release of all commercial and promotional products. This position reports to the EVP of A&R Operations.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to work at one of the most historic and successful record companies in the world, in the center of the action. If paying attention to detail, anticipating anything that might go wrong, learning from your mistakes, and getting things done sounds just like you, this is your opportunity. You will work behind the scenes, in a fast-paced team environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Complete general administrative duties: answer phones, calendar management, filing, scanning, etc.
• Coordinate artist travel, including flights, lodging, and ground transportation, and the tracking of the associated spend.
• Process invoices, including the creation of vendors and coding of invoices in our financial systems.
• Correspond with vendors to issue purchase orders and resolve outstanding invoice issues.
• Arrange tracking, mixing, and mastering sessions.
• Draft transmittal letters and form legal documents, including Work For Hire and Remix agreements.
• Coordinate the creation of project numbers and royalty accounts with the Royalty Department.
• Assist supervisors with day-to-day management of recording projects.
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, and focused.
• Calm under pressure.
• Hard worker for whom no task is too small.
• Excellent phone and communication skills.
• Comfortable with spreadsheets, numbers, and math.
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
• Microsoft Word and Excel competent.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Some knowledge of the recording processes a plus.
• This is a position for someone who likes to work behind the scenes and as part of a team.
• Prior assistant experience including answering phones, booking travel, and handling T&E.
• Experience with Concur for expenses
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xzj4-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.