Job Title: Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
The Business and Legal Affairs teams at Atlantic Records are a close-knit group of passionate music attorneys. Our teams negotiate record deals for Atlantic's entire roster of artists and manage the business and legal issues relating to the creation, distribution, monetization, and marketing of our artists' music. Our teams work directly with every department at the label, including A&R, marketing, artist development, PR, royalties, finance, and sales.
You will work behind the scenes, in a fast-paced environment to provide support to our entire Business & Legal Affairs team at Atlantic Records. Working for the Business & Legal Affairs department gives you a great opportunity to get a bird's eye view of the business & legal issues relevant to the entire music industry and to learn the nitty-gritty of label operations while interfacing with people from all across the company. If you are inquisitive, detail-oriented, collaborative, and have strong organizational skills, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare, send and track contract execution copies.
• Manage supervisor's calendar; schedule meetings and conference calls.
• Organize department meetings.
• Maintain legal files.
• Submit expense reports.
• Order mail, office, and other supplies for department use.
• Open, record, and distribute mail.
• Perform sales and other research duties.
• General office work (i.e., word processing).
• Have a college degree or several years' relevant experience as an executive level assistant in the music industry.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Highly organized, resourceful, have an attention to detail and are rigorous about proofing your own work (and occasionally the work of others).
• Excellent phone and communication skills.
• Comfortable with spreadsheets, numbers, and math.
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
• Calm under pressure.
• Hard worker for whom no task is too small.
• Have a passion for music and a genuine interest in the music industry.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Prior assistant experience including answering phones, booking travel and handling T&E.
• Paralegal experience, experience as an executive level assistant at a media company, music industry experience or any combination of the foregoing.
$19.23 to $20.51 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1yww-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.