Job Title: Assistant A&R
A little bit about our team:
The creative department responsible for both finding and developing musical artists to sign as well as producing artists and driving creative content for all forms of media.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) handling all administrative aspects of work for multiple A&R executives, as well as more detailed project management and independent projects on various levels. Requires a committed, flexible, proactive, organized, and independent person who is willing to engage in typical administrative/clerical duties as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide administrative and office support activities for A&R executives including but not limited to:
• Answer and screen telephone calls and receive and direct visitors
• Coordinate calendars, scheduling, and meeting logistics
• Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc)
• Coordinate travel for executives and artists
• Process and supervise T&E expenses
• Process packages and mail
• Book studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
• Log and respond to demo submissions
• Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems
• Attend artist team meetings with managers and internal label staff
• Assemble all copy and credits for album releases
• Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
• Liaise with A&R administration to coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as handle payment of invoices and studio sessions.
• File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
• Be responsible for general office supplies
• Coordinate and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
• Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions, writing camps, and related travel
• Other duties as assigned
• 0 - 2 years of administrative experience
• Strong understanding of recording, production, and creative side of the business
• General knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
• Work independently and take initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Strong attention to detail
• Multi-task: prioritize with the appropriate sense of urgency
• Ability to pinpoint problems and determine solutions
• Expertly collaborate with all levels of the organization, clients, and vendors
• Accurate filing and maintenance of music
• Experience or solid understanding of the music industry
We'd love it if you also had:
• Undergraduate degree
$17.95 to $22 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance final.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3we7q-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.