WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Legal & Business Affairs
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision, participates in the legal and certain related financial and business operations and aspects of the Company, involving negotiations, deals or contracts affecting copyrights, licenses, royalties, fees, claims, settlements, litigation and other related legal and/or business matters.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love music both new and old, are highly organized, and want to work in the legal department that services some of the best songwriters in the world, Warner Chappell's legal team is the place for you. We deal with a wide range of legal and business affairs, including without limitation, contract negotiation and copyright enforcement. If that's what drives you too, we want you on our team.
Here you'll get to:
• Maintain records, files, contacts, documentation, etc.
• Provide administrative support to two attorneys.
• Prepare agreements and files for briefing.
• Assist, gather and review supporting materials for agreements including song information.
• Prepare check requests and complete necessary documentation.
• Schedule, coordinate, and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, prepare and process expense reports, and travel itineraries.
• Prepare, transcribe, and process correspondence, reports, status reports, forms of contracts, agreements, licenses, memoranda, presentation material, and other related matters of confidential and/or complex nature.
• Process incoming mail and correspondence; preparing outgoing mail.
• Perform special projects as needed.
• A high school level education is required
• Two (2) years of progressively responsible office experience, preferably within a legal department in a music publishing or related business preferably within a legal department, performing administrative functions.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced emphases in WordPerfect, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
• General office practices, typing, filing, office appliance operations.
• Be resourceful.
• Pay strong attention to detail / detail oriented.
• Be energetic.
• Self-starter and posses a strong work ethic.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Takes ownership of work assigned.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree, augmented by course work in music publishing law and business.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w84q-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.