The Workplace Tech works either remotely or onsite or at one of the Workplace Tech Bars resolving client issues, supporting the core workplace IT equipment and productivity software.
The role is responsible for a wide variety of support and activities. These include providing support for end user mobile and PC, Operating Systems (OS) and hardware, virtual and physical desktop environments, desktop applications and other standard enterprise solutions. In addition, the technician acts as a subject matter expert on enterprise technologies.
Primary duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing support to users and executives.
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix
• Taking responsibility for stock used and following the correct procedures regarding CMDB stock management
• Use of Service Now ticketing system
• Building new machines within the time scales provided by the Team Lead, provisioning devices
• Installing additional applications on the new equipment
• Proactively keeping customers updated
• Working alongside management and engineering teams on planning project work
• Meeting room/AV support
• Telephony support
• Executive support
Desktop Support (90%):
• Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of desktop software and hardware
• Installs, configures and deploys desktop hardware and software, including virtual environments
• Supports day-to-day operational and support activities of the desktop computing, desktop, laptop, workstations and workplace support services
• Troubleshoots desktop software and hardware failures and identifies related network problems
• Coordinates end user installations, configurations and deployment of desktop software/hardware and other standard enterprise end user technology products
• Provides on-call support as required
• Provides physical onsite ''smart hands'' support to infrastructure teams for maintenance tasks or incident support
• Provides executive support
• Provides support to AV and VC equipment in meeting rooms and spaces
• Proactive meeting room checks
• Meeting room ''how to''support
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67nx8-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.