WarnerMedia is seeking a VP, Business Development to lead the expansion of digital distribution relationships and new business opportunities across the WM portfolio with a primary focus on growth-related partnerships for WM's streaming businesses.
This VP will work across a variety of internal teams (Product, Tech, Finance, Business/Legal Affairs, Marketing, etc.) and external partners (e.g., Apple, Google, etc.) to ideate, develop and bring new business opportunities to market. The foremost remit will be US opportunities, but the scope may evolve to include international responsibilities.
• Exploration, development, and go-to-market planning with new partners that have no established business with WarnerMedia S&D. This involves prospecting new clients, developing the opportunity, selling it in, deal negotiation, and working across internal teams to bring the opportunity to market.
• Exploration, development, and go-to-market planning of new business initiatives with existing partners (e.g., Apple, Google, Amazon). This includes large-scale initiatives like HBO Max or CNN+ and smaller initiatives like introducing new partner-driven initiatives. The work includes prospecting new opportunities, developing the opportunity, selling it in, deal negotiation, and working across internal teams to bring the opportunity to market.
• Expansion of new partnerships for WarnerMedia's digital businesses (e.g., HBO Max) to international territories. Provide leadership and support across partner engagement, deal negotiation, and collaborate with WM International teams to bring partnerships to market outside the US in coordination with in-market business managers.
• Team management: lead a team of director/manager-level staff: set goals, provide career development guidance, manage workload.
Target Experience and Capabilities
• 8+ years of experience at a media or technology company with roles across strategy, business development, product development and/or data and financial analysis
• MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Highly capable of generating business with brand new, unexplored or undeveloped partners
• Highly capable of developing new, inventive and large-scale business opportunities with already established partners
• Strong interpersonal skills and with exceptional ability to influence and build consensus
• Analytical and financial acumen
• Strong presentation skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n7vj-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.