Summary of Position
This position leads the legal team supporting WBD's US Ad Sales department. Focus of the role will be drafting and negotiating contracts for, and providing legal guidance to, the US ad sales team as well as supervising the other attorneys and senior paralegal on the team. Candidates must possess superior oral and written communications skills and be able to work collaboratively with clients and other attorneys in a team environment.
• Lead the US ad sales legal team, coordinating with the Head of DTC, Streaming & Corp Ops, and Content Compliance, including providing junior attorneys supervision and guidance on approach, strategy, legal risk, agreement terms, etc..
• Develop strong client relationships with the US ad sales team
• Negotiate, draft and interpret various agreements and other legal documents relating to advertising sales, integrations and sponsorships, including programmatic and addressable ad sales arrangements.
• Negotiate, draft and interpret various ad tech, research and related technology and commercial agreements.
• Provide advice and counsel to various business units across the company regarding advertising.
• Coordinate with other legal team members regarding data privacy/security issues in various agreements.
• Coordinate with Information Security and Enterprise Risk Management on data security issues, vendor risk assessments, and related contract negotiations.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all business clients and other related personnel (e.g., advertisers, agencies, technology vendors) for the benefit of the company.
• Interpret and provide advice to clients, including senior management, regarding the company's rights, obligations, restrictions, and all other contractual provisions and financial aspects of the company's ad sales related commercial contracts.
• Manage and monitor agreements negotiated by outside counsel and weigh in on business risks.
• Remain current on developments in the industry and technology to maintain efficiency in performance.
• Maintain visibility in the industry by regularly interacting with peers in similar positions at other companies and keeping abreast of industry changes.
• Work Experience
• Minimum of 10 years' experience with commercial transactions, including contract negotiations and drafting, and advertising law.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• JD and active member of at least one US state bar, in good standing.
• Knowledge in legal areas related to advertising, ad tech, programmatic/addressable advertising.
• Previous law firm experience and media industry experience preferred.
• Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly in a high-pressure, customer service driven environment.
• Strong work ethic combined with a cooperative and collaborative team-oriented attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish productive relationships externally and internally at all levels in the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• High attention to detail and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Current Warner Bros. Discovery employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjyp5-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.