The ideal candidate will have a background in broadcast technology either with a recognized certificate of education or significant work experience within the industry
• Good knowledge of pro and consumer file formats, endpoint devices, content
distribution networks (CDN), as well as an understanding of and keen interest in the area of On Demand and OTT services, interfaces are necessary
• Ability to understand and capture technical details of complex systems (hardware & software layers)
• Familiarity with Traffic – Shipping, Production – Ingest and Localization workflows is a distinct advantage
• A strong team player capable of adapting to a range of tasks as required they will have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail, a methodical approach, and excellent ability in spoken and
written English language is essential in this position as is the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment
• Willing to work in multiple shifts
• Experience in working with ticketing/ issue tracker systems (JIRA, MANTIS… etc)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the transcoding and distribution of non-linear assets (HBO On Demand, HBO MAX) across all platforms and territories with regard to weekly/monthly programming schedules and distribution deadlines
- Monitor progress of running production processes
- Oversee and participate in the quality checking of all non-linear assets prior to
distribution, resolving, and/or escalating content issues such as file corruption,
localization issues, audio-video mismatch, lip sync with Engineering, Traffic,
Programming and Production teams and any other partakers as appropriate
- Report and update on issues via established communication protocols, collaborate with internal and external partners to resolve effectively
- Track status of program elements such as synopsis, metadata, images, broadcast content, and localizations according to production and distribution deadlines.
- Liaise with Programming, and local HBO offices/teams to ensure availability
- Track and manage content and scheduling-related changes appropriately
- Provide standby availability off office hours and over the weekend to manage 'day and date' and simulcast content available on all affected platforms
- Central point of contact for Programming, OD Operator platforms, and Engineers to resolve technical distribution content availability, and asset quality issues
- Assist Deputy VoD & OTT Supervisor and VP Operations with defining new procedures and improving task handling when necessary - Oversee the training and activity of Interns, or other Operations staff on non-linear workflows when necessary
- Provide cover and assistance when required within the VoD & OTT team - In case of need substituting in the VOD & OTT team, available outside working hours and during the weekends according to working time.
- Assist the stakeholders with planning resources and coordination of new services, platform launches, and special projects - Produce and send reports for stakeholders when necessary
- Produce and update workflow and process documentation when necessary - Participate in the weekly production and development meetings when necessary
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbw3x-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.