Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
CNN is looking for a Video Producer to join its Newsgathering team in Chicago.
• Support regional correspondents and producer in generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
• Collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
• Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations
• Assist and coordinate in production of reporter packages from concept to delivery, including story research, newsgathering, writing and post-production.
• Writing scripts with varied reporter and senior producer support.
• Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics and other post-production elements.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related discipline or equivalent in experience.
• Ability to have flexible work schedules – including nights and weekends -- for a constantly changing news environment. Desire to work in a fast-paced workplace that is 24 hours/ 365 days a year, including frequent, last-minute travel.
• The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 - 4 years of newsroom or field producing at either a cable or broadcast network.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
• Strong knowledge of newsgathering and social media.
• Skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production a must.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjneqw-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.