The Data Product Management team is looking for a Staff Data Product Manager - Algorithms with a strong, technical background in the field of machine learning/data science to partner closely with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and other business stakeholders to set the roadmap for all models that will support the foundation of our personalization services across varying business functions (i.e. content discovery, UX personalization, marketing, fraud, promotions, distribution).
• Define, manage and iterate on the short/long term roadmap of a suite of data models that aim to be used across different teams to make decisions around recommendation of content, marketing, and promotions.
• Partner cross-functionally with other teams (i.e. engineering, product managers, business stakeholders) to define and prioritize the models that will support the customer personalized experience on and off HBO Max.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for recommendation algorithms and navigate areas of opportunities where this data can be leveraged for insights, strategy and operations.
• While working cross-functionally, lead the narrative in identifying and planning out new products, tests, and strategies that will leverage the recommendation models to drive engagement and retention of our customers.
• Continue identifying new model opportunities and iterate on existing models in an effort to solve product and business requirements by constantly measuring and monitoring performance KPIs.
• Initiate conversations and maintain stakeholder relationships by working together to define objectives and clearly disclose results effectively while maintaining an open line of communication.
What you'll bring:
• 7+ years of experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer.
• 3+ years of experience as a product manager at a consumer or enterprise technology company.
• Have worked directly with (or as) data scientists, data engineers to design best-suited, robust, and scalable ML solutions and evaluate the deployed ML model's effectiveness.
• Familiar with machine learning technologies: Spark, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn
• Proven experience processing, enriching, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail.
• Be a self-starter with minimal supervision and understand how to take lead on projects, making sure to properly set stakeholder expectations, define roadmaps, evaluate trade-offs...
• Experience defining core strategic goals for a consumer technology or digital entertainment company
• Familiar with data science techniques, hands-on experience with ML frameworks.
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills.
• Experience partnering with product and engineering teams building enterprise solutions.
• Knowledge about monolithic and microservices is a plus.
• Experience in software, tech, or media is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkexm0-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.