People Partner Lead
Warner Media/Warner Bros. is seeking a Sr. People Partner to be the point of contact for all Human Resources and Employee Relations matters for the Ellen Show, Ellen Digital Ventures, & Ellen Brand Content Partnership Team.
• Provides guidance and advice to production executives in handling day-to-day production concerns. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as federal & state laws. Respond to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serve as a liaison between production, production executives and corporate team.
• Responds to all production employee concerns and complaints of potential unlawful behavior; determines how to handle and escalate employee relation matters and work closely with management team and employment attorneys to determine next step actions, transfers EEO investigations to Employee Relations & Labor Relations for handling as necessary
• Provides generalist support, e.g., advice regarding performance management, immigration (liaison between production and Corporate Legal), maintains employee lists and corresponds with Cast & Crew; liaison with Leave Administration and Worker's Compensation
• Implements company initiatives within the productions in a timely manner.
• Assists with diversity & inclusion initiatives, advises on questions rehiring practices (e.g., interview questions) and job descriptions
• Coordinates and attends all training sessions for production staff (e.g., harassment prevention, safety, unconscious bias) with production; maintains tracking of training dates, attendees, presenters, tracks billing, etc.
• Recommends and coordinates customized training depending on the needs of the production (e.g., communication/social styles training, how to give effective feedback, etc.)
• Handles general advice and coaching for production management and staff
• Attends production meetings, operations meetings for Ellen Show and Ellen Digital Ventures.
• Conducts workplace climate surveys and exit meetings as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 7-10 years of experience supporting multiple business units/functions with a wide range of HR, critical thinking and business advisory skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
• Media entertainment experience or previous entertainment/studio experience strongly preferred
• Alternative Dispute Resolution knowledge and experience helpful
• TV production experience is a plus
• Must be able to demonstrate operative knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures
• Must be able to exhibit knowledge of federal/state/local laws governing employment issues (i.e. FEHA, ADA, FMLA, wage and hour laws, etc.)
• Must have excellent follow-through and a strong sense of urgency
• General understanding of Microsoft applications preferred
• Must have the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management and various departments throughout the production as well as corporate team
• Must be able to compose written counseling, summaries and performance improvement plans for employees
• Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others.
• Thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Experience in leveraging data to help form points of view, proposals, and drive decisions.
• Proven ability to develop high-impact strategies and flawlessly execute.
• Experience leading and developing direct reports.
• Is a trusted advisor who operates with a strong business mindset and understanding of business needs. Is highly-skilled in stakeholder management and is able to communicate effectively to influence and deliver high impact.
• Strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees.
• Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
• Exceptional organization and project management skills.