Program & Asset Metadata Specialist
New York, NY
This role is responsible for supervising the submissions and acquisitions process for all content, evaluating content relevance in terms of the needs of the KYAC group as well as brand fit, and managing the workflow and acting as a point of contact on all acquisitions related matters both internally and externally. As a key member of the team, this role will work alongside VP and the Programming, Content Sourcing and Legal departments. It will include reviewing content pitches from various creators and distributors and reporting on such to senior management. This position will ensure the smooth execution of all contracts, invoicing, deliverables and paperwork in an efficient and timely manner. The Sr Manager will be the point of contact for external distributors and content creators, our international acquisitions teams, as well as the relevant internal groups, managing internal information regarding all deal-related materials.
• 40% - Manages internal and external acquisition departmental workflow. Manages materials: catalogue, tracks, reviews and writes screening reports for all incoming projects to present appropriate submissions to VP for review and presentation to the domestic and international programming group. Tracks all competitive acquisitions and co-production activity and communicates status to appropriate parties. Insures timely turnaround of submissions and responses. Manages, documents and maintains a database of rights information, backend information, contract status updates, relicenses, etc...
• 40% - Serves as point person for all inquiries in connection with third party acquisitions. Handles feedback and scheduling information to partners.
GLOBAL: Manages information on all third party content communication process with international Content teams, as well as relevant internal lines of business, insuring that all data is shared to support roll-outs and planning.
• 20% - Offers support to the VP in creating presentations for off sites, market reports, etc...
Attends key international conferences and markets with VP, representing the kids brands
• 6+ years of experience preferably in Programming and/or Acquisitions. Must be proficient in a variety of programs in order to produce reports and presentations and have online research skills. An understanding of the international kids marketplace is required. Must be able to handle multiple projects at once and have attention to detail. Must be a strong communicator. An interest in kids content to include an understanding of non-linear platforms, digital, online and mobile content is key.
• Bachelor's Degree. A focus on education, communications, film studies, international studies, or the arts strongly preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w82q-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.