Analyst, Payroll Settlement and Accounting
Sr. Analyst, Payroll Tax and Garnishments, HR Services
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Analyst for the HR Services Payroll Tax and Garnishments department. The Senior Analyst for Payroll Tax and Garnishments is responsible for providing technical expertise on tax and garnishment related issues while helping to ensure the Company's ongoing compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws, regulations, and financial reporting rules. This individual will prepare or review tax returns and declarations and conduct regular reviews of garnishments and determine if rules and priorities are applied properly. This individual is responsible for analyzing, researching and resolving moderate to complex issues and addressing related tax and garnishment inquiries. This individual will specialize in payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside, including U.S. and expatriate employees
• Maintain tax and withholding order data in Workday Payroll.
• Review and submit data for tax returns and ADP filings.
• Calculate additional payroll-related items, including garnishments and tax adjustments.
• Review and correct tax and garnishment errors identified in the periodic and quarterly data transmission and filing to ADP.
• Perform reconciliations against the general ledger and balance sheet.
• Assist the Payroll and Payroll Settlement and Accounting Teams to analyze and resolve discrepancies.
• Provides excellent customer service in researching and responding to payroll tax and garnishment related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Triage ticket requests in case management system for tax and garnishment issues.
• Support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors, including audits with federal and state tax authorities.
• Compile, analyze, and document issues in order to identify systemic issues or problems.
• Participate in testing of payroll system or process changes and enhancements.
• Administer trainings on usage of Payroll Tax and Garnishment related systems.
• Review and update training materials on tax and garnishment processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law.
• Support other projects and activities, as defined by senior leadership and/or enterprise activities, as directed and required.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP, FPC, or CPA certification preferred.
• Minimum 5 years multi-state payroll, payroll tax, and garnishment experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll or other SaaS payroll engine required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data change uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must have excellent attention to details.
• Must be a self-starter and a team player.
• Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to manage confidential payroll information and uphold the required security restrictions related to confidential pay details.
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel required.