Manager, Corporate Business Development & Strategy
The Senior Analyst, Corporate Business Development & Strategy position supports Warner Bros. in the development of strategic growth opportunities and the execution of corporate transactions. The team collaborates with partners across all divisions at the WarnerMedia Studios & Networks Group – including the Warner Bros. Pictures Group, HBO and HBO Max, the Warner Bros. Television Group, DC Entertainment, kids/young adults/classics (including Cartoon Network, TBS, and TNT), and consumer products and gaming – to develop strategic analyses and recommendations for Warner Bros. senior management on high-profile projects and in a fast-paced environment.
This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about media & entertainment and who wants to gain a broad understanding of television, theatrical, games, and digital networks businesses. Working closely with senior management throughout Warner Bros. puts the Senior Analyst in a unique position to experience high-level strategic decision-making firsthand and to build meaningful working relationships with key executives.
Specific responsibilities include: (1) providing financial and strategic support in executing transactions, partnerships, investments and joint ventures; (2) evaluating new business development initiatives; and (3) assisting in the development of global long-term strategy for WarnerMedia Studios & Networks divisions.
• Provides financial and strategic support in evaluating and executing transactions, joint venture partnerships, new business models, and cross-divisional business development initiatives
• Develops comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses, including returns analysis and sensitivities
• Assists with commercial and financial due diligence
• Prepares internal presentations highlighting strategic rationale, key considerations, upside opportunities, potential risks, etc.
• Assists CBDS teammates and divisional counterparts in the development of long-term global strategy for Warner Bros. divisions
• Conducts research to help inform Warner Bros. strategic priorities
• Prepares comprehensive business plans for new growth initiatives, including expansion internationally and into new businesses
• Performs financial analyses to evaluate strategic alternatives and new investment opportunities
• Closely monitors industry trends and competitive dynamics, and prepares presentations summarizing industry segments and individual companies.
• BA/BS degree from top university required.
• 2-3 years experience at a leading investment bank, strategy consulting firm, or related industry
• Advanced financial modeling skills; high proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills and be able to think strategically.
• Must have strong communication & interpersonal skills.
• Passion for media and entertainment.