Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Accountant specializing in royalty and international accounting matters.
Responsible for timely and accurate accounting primarily related to the Digital International Licensing accounting (VOD, EST, PPV & MG). Utilize digital systems to facilitate royalty accounting, data analysis, analytics, ad hoc reporting, receivables management and financial close processes. Use of Mediamorph, SAP, BW systems and Excel required.
The position will oversee Digital international licensing accounting and provide guidance on international accounting matters. The role oversees International deals executed in the US as well as local territory deals executed in the US
Responsible for royalty accounting including: revenue recognition, contract and pricing review, client issue resolution, and ad hoc analysis and business decision support primarily related to the International VOD/EST businesses. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Understand digital's revenue recognition guidelines and apply guidelines to royalty accounting / contract review processes.
• Analyze and process statement royalty data in accordance with contract terms. Use applicable WB systems such as Mediamorph, SAP and BW to process and report on the data. (Data analysis requires excel usage for large amounts of data, excel functions: pivots, sorts, formulas, v-lookups).
• Review/validate data against contractual terms and assist with price testing.
• Resolve all variances through working with Digital team (accounting, finance, sales, territories, legal and treasury) and/or contacts with the clients. Escalate issues as appropriate to senior management.
• Review and track minimum guarantees including earn outs and payment collection.
• Responsible for by customer and by title revenue, track and report on key client information as needed to senior management (POS or Royalty data).
• Assist with onboarding new clients.
• Assist with business decision support analyses, ad hoc reporting and analytics.
The role will assist with the financial close processes (monthly and quarterly). This includes but is not limited to:
• Process, prepare and calculate royalty statements and accruals.
• Track actuals vs forecast (by client), research and gather supporting documents as needed for the variance analysis.
• Review financial statements (revenue and cost data).
• Assist with preparation of financial close schedules including cause of change and other ad hoc analysis.
• Analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
• Assist with Footnotes, supporting schedules and SOX controls.
Participate with Audit requests including but not limited to gathering support, copying documents, and preparing analysis and reconciliations as needed. Types of audits include:
• Participations audits
• Internal audits
• External or 3rd party audit requests
Take on additional duties, assist with new projects and help management improve business processes so as to streamline and/or and eliminate non value added tasks.
This would include but not be limited to identifying and help implement process improvement to Mediamorph or other financial systems / processes.
• 3+ years of accounting experience required
• Royalty accounting, entertainment or media experience a plus
• International Accounting & foreign exchange experience a plus
• Experience working with international territories or licensees a plus
• Audit and SOX experience a plus
• BA / BS degree in Accounting or equivalent required
• Knowledge of Royalty accounting, media or international business a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills as the individual will be required to deal with various levels of management both within and outside Digital Distribution.
• SAP and BW accounting experience preferred
• Advance PC skills (Advanced Excel) required
• Ability to learn new systems (MediaMorph, Marvin, Business Objects).
• Ability to multi-task and organize work priorities
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to collect relevant facts quickly, provide recommendations, make decisions
• Must have strong written and verbal skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw77kn-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.