Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
At Warner Bros. Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world's most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games is looking for a talented Senior VFX Artist to join our development team at our San Francisco studio on an unannounced project. We are looking for someone who is very knowledgeable with all aspects of the Unity particle development pipeline, who has experience in creating very stylized/ animated VFX prefabs. Ideally applicant has had previous experience on several mobile projects utilizing the Unity engine who has a clear passion for helping to bring new characters, UI as well as our environments to life.
• Working within Unity's particle system to develop real time Stylized VFX a 2d. 75%
• Ability to work efficiently in a work and/or in a home environment and be very comfortable communicating with team members daily through Zoom, Slack and email. 20%
• Daily updates with VFX Director 5%
• Very detailed knowledge of Unity's particle tools, material system and Engine.
• 2 years' experience as a Senior VFX artist and at least one mobile product shipped.
• Stylized VFX experience with an emphasis on creating a hand drawn animated look.
• Proficient in standard art tools (Maya, Photoshop, After Effects).
• Clear understanding of real time FX development in a mobile vs console environment.
• Good communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Solid portfolio that clearly demonstrate thorough knowledge of (real time) stylized VFX skills.
The Nice to Haves
• Working knowledge of dynamic/simulations packages (Fume, Ember Gen, Houdini)
• Experience in working with Adobe Premiere / After Effects.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xn9q-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.