London, United Kingdom
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior User Researcher who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next-generation platforms.
The goal of the Senior User Researcher is to support and enable the developers' vision by empowering them with actionable insights from our players. At Rocksteady you will apply your passion for understanding and evaluating the player experience in order to assist the design and production teams you are embedded in to make data-informed decisions and ultimately make the greatest possible games.
• Be the key point of contact and resident expert on all user research matters for your partner development team, collaborating closely with them to understand their design intentions and research needs to drive player-focused decisions.
• Create and maintain a research strategy and budget that effectively accompanies the developers throughout the production and throughout post-launch.
• Run the user studies required to collect valuable player data, using a wide variety of mixed-method research approaches and evolving best practices to deliver high-quality actionable insights, quickly and effectively.
• Communicate research results through multiple channels (written and verbal), and help the team prioritize findings.
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders throughout production to increase the context and value of your research findings, such as the analytics and consumer research teams.
• Drive the development, evaluation, and implementation of new processes, tools, and methodologies collaboratively as part of a small team of seasoned user research veterans around the world.
• Extensive experience in games user research creating test plans, moderating user tests with a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, analyzing data, and writing reports
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence product design, development team partners and the process of games user research.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision: autonomous, proactive, resourceful, and organized.
• Excellent working knowledge of survey tools (e.g.: Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey), analytical tools (e.g: Tableau, Excel), office suite (e.g.: Word, Powerpoint.)
• Familiarity with usability testing tools such as Tobii Eye Tracker, Ovo Studios, Morae, UserTesting, etc.
• Graduate degree pertaining to human-computer interaction, psychology, or user research preferred, but undergrad in the above with applicable experience acceptable as well
• Knowledge of GaaS a plus.
• Knowledge in any of the following are considered beneficial: advanced statistics, telemetry, and analytics, live operations, research tools building, UX design, lab infrastructure design.
If you don't fit all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply.