Lead Designer, Combat
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
For the past 25 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Monolith Productions, a division of Warner Bros. Discovery, and the developers of Middle Earth: Shadow of War, is looking for a highly skilled Senior Technical Narrative Designer to join the Narrative Team in the development of our AAA Wonder Woman game. The ideal candidate has a passion for player-driven narratives and developing procedural storytelling systems. The Senior Technical Narrative Designer works at the intersection of multiple disciplines to ensure a powerful story experience.
• Work closely with our Narrative Designers and writers of our Narrative team to help drive the development of our internal writing tool and pipeline
• Collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders such as Systems Design, Missions, Combat, Audio, and Presentation to create story experiences with procedural characters and activities
• Design and implement procedural dialogue throughout the game and help define the tone, pacing, and structure of our stories and presentations
• Coordinate with Narrative and Systems teams, as well as QA, to identify issues in procedural narrative systems and propose creative solutions to resolve them
• Champion narrative, thematic, and mechanical coherence across story and gameplay
• Participate in peer review with writers and iterate on material based on creative and technical feedback.
• Dedication to quality and nurturing a friendly working environment
• At least 5 years of experience working with the development team, preferably on a AAA game
• Strong technical background with demonstrated narrative design experience, ideally working on non-linear or procedural narratives
• Direct experience with one or more tools/systems for managing dynamic dialogue content across multiple possible characters, triggers, and contexts
• Able to give and receive constructive feedback and iterate on work as the needs of the project develop
• Passion for character creation, world-building, and creative problem-solving
• Proactive and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with internal or third-party narrative tools, dialogue systems, and editors.
• Experience with component-based content systems and editors.
• Some experience with visual scripting and content authoring graphs.
• Experience with Wwise
• Localization and database experience
• Familiarity with the Wonder Woman IP
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4b2m-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.