Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Job Title: Senior Technical Artist
As a Technical Artist working on LEGO Asset Pipelines, you will be working alongside an enthusiastic team of developers helping to drive and deliver the next generation of games created at TT.
As part of the LEGO Team, the successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of developing new tools and production pipelines whilst also improving existing tech. You will need to have a proactive approach to tasks alongside a friendly and approachable personality, as you will often be the main point of contact within the team when any issues arise.
Being a creative and logical person with the ability to communicate your ideas clearly is a must, as you will often be the main link between code and art.
• Writing tools and scripts that contribute to LEGO asset pipelines.
• Liaising with LEGO Designers, Artists, Tools Programmers and Render Tech team members.
• Championing the rendering and pipeline requirements of the LEGO Asset Teams.
• Keeping stakeholders up to date with progress.
• Reviewing tools, pipelines and tech, ensuring the team are working efficiently.
• Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the development team.
• Assisting with other Technical Art solutions within the business should the need arise.
• MEL, Python, C#, scripting.
• Proficiency in Maya, Photoshop & Unreal Engine.
• Excellent technical skills to manage assets that fit memory, design, and frame rate limitations.
• Experience creating Custom Tools, Scripts and Shaders.
• Excellent at both technical and creative problem-solving.
• Passion for tools and pipelines with a focus on future areas and trends.
• Ability to communicate and work with artists, animators & coders in a dynamic team environment.
• Comfortable working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
• Prepared to learn and / or develop new tools during pre-production.
• Proactive in sharing information and assets.
• A keen gamer and an appreciation of the visuals and user experience on all platforms.
• Games industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on current console generation hardware.
• Knowledge of asset creation software such as 3DSMax, Houdini, Modo, Substance Designer / Painter, LEGO Digital Designer.
• Experience with source control programmes such as Perforce & SVN.
• Use of production tracking tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
• Familiarity with LEGO System bricks and their component parts.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we're most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5np2-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.