Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer -Gameplay, to work with the game development team responsible for Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 to help make NetherRealm's next project it's most successful to date.
As a member of the game play team, you will work closely with the lead game programmer, and the game play programming team to implement new features, and support the design team in their efforts to create a compelling game experience. The position offers many opportunities to share experience, knowledge, and expertise across the team and code base.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems and pivotal new game systems to meet the needs of our talented in-house team of content developers.
• Design, author, maintain and refactor game systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of game systems
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• Review the work of other Engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
• 6+ years professional C/C++ programming.
• Experience working in a large code base.
• A passion for software and problem solving
The Nice to Haves
• Development experience shipping one or more game titles or equivalent experience a plus.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1vxy-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.