The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer -Gameplay, to work with the game development team responsible for Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 to help make NetherRealm's next project it's most successful to date.
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer -Gameplay, to work with the game development team responsible for Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 to help make Netherrealm's next project it's most successful to date.
As a member of the gameplay team, you will work closely with your team lead and the gameplay programming team to plan, implement and maintain new and existing features. You will also regularly work with the art and design teams in their efforts to create compelling game experiences. The position offers many opportunities to share experience, knowledge, and expertise across the team and code base.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate. You will be expected to drive feature development forward and see that they are brought to a shippable quality. In addition, you should be comfortable mentoring and giving constructive feedback to junior developers.
• Design, author, maintain and refactor scalable game systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Work closely with art and design to prototype and iterate on game features
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of game systems
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
• Review and provide feedback of systems developed by other members of the team.
• Collaborate with team lead and production staff to build and maintain realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure stability and successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• 6+ years professional C/C++ programming
• Comfortable with extending and improving an established code base
• A passion for software and problem solving
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Ability to design and implement systems and APIs used by non-programmers
The Nice to Haves
• Development experience shipping one or more game titles or equivalent experience a plus
• Console experience
• Unreal Engine experience
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqqb59-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.