Monolith Productions' Core Technology Team is expanding its Graphics group to include a senior level engineer specifically focused on our low level renderer. This person should have an in depth understanding of modern, real-time Open World rendering systems and experience working in the latest graphics API's.
As a Senior Systems Engineer on our Graphics team you will work closely with the Principal Graphics Engineer and the rest of your peers on the Graphics and Runtime teams to develop state-of-the-art rendering technology for the PS5, XBOX Series-X, PC and any new platforms we adopt.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both Graphics specific and general engineering systems.
Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Graphics department's Principal Engineer on issues of technical design and close collaboration with members of our Runtime team on platform level work. You will also work closely with our senior technical artists, lighting artists and other content development experts on requirements gathering, iteration on any feature development you tackle.
The Advanced Systems Engineer - Graphics will also work closely with the Director of Technology Management and production to help identify dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
- Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained major rendering systems for a published game (preferred)
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
- Experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GCM, etc.)
- Experience developing for either XBOXONE or PS4 (preferably both)
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred)
- Experience developing first or third person action games (preferred)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience architecting large, robust systems utilizing pragmatic solutions
- Experience with Compute/GPGPU
- Expert level knowledge of 3D math (preferred)
- Experiencing mentoring other engineers
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7520-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.