Tt Games Studios
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007 and went on to develop the hit LEGO games franchise. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families.
The Game Programming Team works alongside designers, technical designers, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to create the gameplay code required to construct the game. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a lead programmer on a team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. You will be working on a major IP based LEGO game built in Unreal.
• Work with animators, artists, and designers to engineer reusable modular game systems that they can use to create networked content for the game.
• Work on the AI systems required to create networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI.
• Write networked player mechanics.
• Write GUI systems.
• Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
• Use C++ and the editor to achieve the above.
• Mentor Junior and mid-level Game Programmers.
• Evaluate code reviews.
• Write unit tests, functional tests, data validation tests, and game-wide automated tests that validate the ongoing stability of your work and others.
• Make the game FUN!
The ideal candidates will have:
• Demonstrably strong talent for programming gameplay and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good.
• Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
• Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
• Strong understanding of systems optimisation.
• Adept at creating significant volume of efficient, secure code.
• Several years of experience in the games industry with Unreal Engine 4 experience on at least one released console game.
• Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators, and designers; supporting their day-to-day needs for gameplay technology and associated tools.
• A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
• A genuine interest in playing games.
• A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
• Ability to provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
• Ability to analyse design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
• Strong documentation skills.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d898zm-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.