The Senior Legal & Business Affairs Executive will be responsible for delivering high quality legal and business affairs advice to production teams and management which is technically excellent, trusted and in accordance with the commercial imperatives of the business.
What you'll be doing:
• Acting as the day to day point of contact for Wall to Wall, responsible for allocation of Wall to Wall workload and responsible for supervising one Legal and Business Affairs Executive.
• To support the other production companies within the WBTVPUK group as and when required.
• Working with the Group Head of Legal & Business Affairs to (i) identify, formulate and implement systems to deliver a ''best in class'' service (ii) ensure the contracts entered into represent the best possible business affairs and legal outcomes.
• Providing legal and business affairs services to production teams including:
• • Drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including format agreements
• Drafting and advising on agreements for the production of programming, including contributor agreements, presenter agreements, access agreements and location agreements and drafting and advising on production and co-production agreements
• Advising productions on rights issues, clearance issues, and compliance and libel matters, including advising on compliance with the OFCOM Broadcasting Code and broadcaster policies
• Negotiating distribution agreements for the exploitation of ancillary rights
• Advising on broadcaster's terms of trade and availability of rights
• Negotiating and advising on production financing arrangements
• Assisting in the preparation of guidance notes to productions in relation to key areas, such as child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance
• Advising on copyright and trademark matters
• Viewing programmes for legal and regulatory compliance
• Handling complaints and legal disputes
• Conducting production 'set up' meetings to advise teams on legal and compliance issues that may be relevant during production and to communicate company policies
What we're looking for:
• An experienced, qualified production lawyer, including experience working as a production lawyer at a UK producer or broadcaster
• Proven commercial negotiation and drafting experience
• Strong compliance experience
• An excellent understanding of copyright law and of the ownership of rights in content and underlying material
• The ability to apply the law and negotiate agreements by reference to the commercial and creative imperatives of the business
• Exceptional attention to detail with a p assion for delivering excellence
• The ability to manage a demanding workload and the expectations of multiple internal clients
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and multitask in a busy environment
• A team player attitude but comfortable to work independently
• Effective analytical skills
• Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels across the group and the wider industry
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermedia.com.diversity