Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
TT Games Studios Limited are looking for a Senior IT Engineer who will be an integral member of the TT IT team and the WBIE global IT team. This role will support the studio IT function and closely collaborate with business process owners to identify, recommend, implement and support technology solutions.You will be part of a team supporting infrastructure that delivers core services to developers and administrative staff. You will be providing full life cycle support for all IT systems including a mix of Windows and Linux servers, VMware, Cisco, Palo Alto, NetApp, Subversion, Team City, HPE Comware, Jira, and more. You will also be working in a fast-paced environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure, and cloud (AWS/Microsoft Azure) environments on behalf of TT Games.
You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees within Warner Bros. You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members, making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large-scale services and engineering complex systems that run our business-critical systems.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi-technology platforms, solid communication skills, and a desire to tackle complex problems.
In addition, you will oversee and participate in day-to-day IT infrastructure, game technologies, applications and desktop support operations and work closely with colleagues across the wider WB group.We are looking for self-motivated candidates, comfortable with taking ownership and providing leadership in a collaborative manner.
Maintain and monitor all network, security, and computer systems.
• Responsible for management, maintenance, and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
• Work with various vendors, consultants, and service providers to deliver and maintain IT services.
• Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
• Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
• Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all IT systems.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
• Supporting the major console platforms (e.g. Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, iOS).
• Create, follow, and maintain documentation and standards.
• Identification of new software and/or hardware to suit requirements.
• Mentor IT Engineers and Apprentices.
• Depending on projects on hand there may be a requirement for regular travel between Knutsford and Wilmslow sites, additionally, there may be infrequent requirements for travel to other offices (eg: Brighton).
• Work with IT leadership and the studio management team to formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient technologies and provide the tools needed to support development.
Skills and Experience
Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
• Solid technical background including infrastructure, networks, hardware, and software.
• Good knowledge of IT security.
• Experience using automated monitoring tools.
• Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
• Able to gather and present information systematically to troubleshoot, resolve, and report on issues.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good analytical, problem solving, documentation, and decision making skills.
• Ability to perform basic practical tasks
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices.
• Working knowledge of enterprise authentication systems (Active Directory, LDAP, Crowd, RADIUS, 802.11x)
• Familiarity with PowerShell.
• Experience working with NetApp storage (cluster mode) / Cisco UCS / FlexPod beneficial.
• Experience in Microsoft System Center Suite desirable.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience of working in a cloud based or hosting environment desirable.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK's most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller's Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we're most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
TT Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. (edited)
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj6n2-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.