Warner Bros. Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Senior Graphics Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for graphics rendering and a true passion for game development.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
• Help architect, write and review gameplay features and tools
• Works closely with engineering leadership to plan and write high-quality performant code
• Collaborate with the art team to create optimal, high quality, and high performant visuals
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
• Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management, and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
• Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we need from you?
• Minimum 5+ years of industry experience working as a software engineer
• Experience on at least two successfully-published game titles or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experience with the Unreal Engine Rendering Engine & Graphics pipeline
• Fully Proficient in 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
• Solid understanding of C++ (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling, Multithreading, etc.)
• In-depth Experience with Real-Time Rendering Technologies & API's (OpenGL/DirectX)
• Experience writing Graphic Shaders (HLSL, Cg, DirectX.)
• Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Good to have
• Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge working with git
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ejnp-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.