Senior Gameplay Programmer
London, United Kingdom
Senior Gameplay Programmer (AI)
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to it's family of permanent staff. We are looking for a Senior AI Programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing our latest AAA title – Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
In this role you will get the opportunity to identify and apply relevant AI techniques and approaches to drive NPC and player bot behavior.
You'll be working as part of a team of Game AI experts, so will get the chance to work on ambitious designs and focus your skills towards developing bleeding-edge game AI tech. Our AI team are given a lot of encouragement to drive development forwards themselves, so you'll get to the freedom to tackle technical challenges in creative ways, and work as part of a team to deliver the best possible implementations. You'll also be responsible for being the bridge between the AI team and the other coding teams at Rocksteady, so you'll get lots of exposure to the work our other teams do.Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for driving AI features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish
• To work with the code and design leads to prioritise feature development
• To work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the AI features being implemented
• To provide support for the design team on the use of all AI features.
• Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process
• To be proactive and help with problem-solving
• Advanced understanding in C/C++
• An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them
• A good understanding of modern AI and Gameplay techniques as used in AAA games
• A good understanding of game technology principles.
• Passionate about Game AI
• Unreal Engine Experience is an advantage
If you don't fit all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply.