The Warner Bros. Story
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years. A Warner Media company, Warner Bros. is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Financial Analyst for the EFS – Home Ent GL & R2R Acctg department.
Global Business Services (GBS) is Warner Bros.' global shared services accounting function. GBS serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies, and they are on the lookout for a confident, flexible, and proactive team player to join their Home Entertainment (Games) GL & R2R Accounting team. Reporting to Senior Manager, Accounting, the Senior Financial Analyst will help execute the day-to-day general accounting activities and processes for the dynamic and growing Games business. Senior Financial Analyst will liaise closely with WB Games, a division of Warner Bros. that develops, publishes and licenses interactive video games for a variety of platforms based on Warner Bros., DC Comics, original game properties and external properties. Our leading franchises include Batman Arkham, Injustice, LEGO, and Mortal Kombat.
• Providing guidance in the areas of financial accruals, cash flow impact, internal controls, and assessment of consolidated results
• Calculating amortization for capitalized game costs, third-party and inter-company intellectual property license participation accruals.
• Conducting monthly impairment analysis on capitalized game assets
• Reviewing distribution agreements to ensure journal entry calculations adhere to contractual terms
• Make recommendations to improve process efficiencies and develop/administer procedures and guidelines to help align work prepared offshore with the strategic goals of GBS and the Company
• Preparing/reviewing other entries as necessary to facilitate the consolidation of the Games results
• Ensuring the general ledger properly reflects the balance sheet and income statement costing activity
• Managing Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider deliverables as needed
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• Strong technical accounting background and experience with preparing journal entries (3+ years' experience strongly preferred)
• CPA a plus
• Experience working with SAP and BW (Business Warehouse)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as this is a high-visibility role that interacts with various departments and executives across the organization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n459-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.