Warner Bros. Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, Warner Bros. Games Montréal, and more!
WB Games New York seeks a Senior DevOps Engineer for its studio based in Troy, NY. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at WB Games NY, you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called ''Hydra Studio'', in addition to some other internal technologies.
You will be responsible for assisting in the management of the infrastructure behind very complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the industry's biggest game franchises. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand the Hydra platform, and ensure an efficient and stable environment for WB Games' catalogue of products.
This role can be based in the WBG Troy NY studio or remotely from another US based location.
• Design, implement, and support tools and process to automate and improve infrastructure visibility and supportability
• Collaborate with software engineers to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of custom server software and infrastructure
• Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems
• Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
• Iterate and develop infrastructure tests to ensure platform stability
• Constant review, documentation, and improvement of the security of our infrastructure
• Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
• Experience using system monitoring tools, and writing automated tests (we use Datadog and Sentry)
• Experience with automation/configuration management (we use SaltStack and AWS Cloud Formation)
• Able to read and write software in Python or some other administrative language
• Experience supporting and maintaining a database (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch)
• Ability to work on a rotating shift, potentially including nights and weekends
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g30n4x-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.