Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Counsel for the Legal Privacy department.
WarnerMedia (WM) is committed to protect, respect and secure the personal data of our consumers, staff, and partners in a way that does not distract from the experiences that our consumers love about WM's impressive family of brands (HBO, CNN, Harry Potter, Cartoon Network, DC Comics, Ellen) and our incredible theatrical, television, and game-related content.
The Privacy & Data Strategy Center of Expertise (COE) brings together a global team of legal, privacy, and technology professionals to drive WarnerMedia's consumer-first global privacy strategy. The work of the COE helps WarnerMedia's 30,000+ employees and staff comply with privacy-related legal requirements, provide personalized and innovative consumer experiences that meet business goals, and build consumer trust by offering transparency, control, and optionality around how data is used.
We are seeking a Senior Counsel, Privacy and Data Strategy to advise business executives and technology stakeholders on a range of privacy issues, including counseling on how to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other new and emerging laws in the US and globally.
• You will help lead and drive privacy and data related compliance issues across the studio.
• You will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and ensuring compliance with our privacy policies, as well as negotiating complex agreements related to digital advertising, transfer of data, use of data, security terms, etc.
• You will work with both our consumer privacy and our enterprise privacy teams to assist as needed with projects and agreements that impact our productions, our talent, and our digital properties.
• You will also collaborate with our Privacy Compliance Operations & Projects team to help drive compliance initiatives including privacy by design across all of Warner Media.
• Location: Burbank, CA; New York, NY; or Atlanta, GA
• JD or LLM.
• Member of a State Bar in good standing and capable of registering as in-house counsel.
• Minimum 6-10 years experience in consumer privacy, digital advertising, analytics, anonymization/pseudonymization of data, and other consumer privacy topics, data governance, and employee privacy issues.
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
• A combination of in-house and private practice experience.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry.
• Knowledge of international privacy laws.
• Knowledge of targeted marketing of consumers using their data and/or deidentified data.
• Technology, computer science, engineering background and/or experience working closely with engineers to define technical requirements or implement privacy program requirements.