Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Animator to be responsible for creating consistent, high-quality cinematic animation for our story mode campaign. We're seeking someone with a strong knowledge of the principles of character motion and the 3D animation pipeline that can work with external partners to produce a high quality and engaging experience for our players.
*Please note that this role is based onsite in Chicago as it involves participating in motion capture shoots in our mocap stage.
• Kickoff, Review and critique outsourced character animation work
• Participate in Cinematic motion shoots
• Use proprietary tools to implement animation into game engine
• File management – organize work/files efficiently
• Produce high-quality realistic character animation content using hand-key techniques and adjusting motion capture data
• Strong Motion Builder or Maya user
• Ability to give clear animation direction (written and verbal)
• Strong grasp of traditional animation principles
• Highly organized. Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
The Nice to Haves
• Familiar with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience working with remote/external partners
• Experience with Martial Arts/Fighting Games
• Teaching experience
• Experienced at developing content for Game Engines
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62xon-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.