The Researcher role supports research efforts for news stories for The Row.
• Checks all verifiable facts in reporter scripts and other content for the CNN Networks, CNN Digital, and CNN Newsource, including documentaries and some affiliate reports
• Manages the workflow of Row Editors and work closely with them on approving scripts
• Prepares background information and deep research for special projects and during rolling coverage or breaking news
• Supports field correspondents by assisting package producers
• Keeps up-to-date knowledge of new stories, finds and marshal reliable sources and communicates effectively with internal stakeholders such as show executive producers, reporters, and Row editors
• College degree and/or relevant work experience preferred
• 1-2 years experiences in research or newsroom as newsroom assistant or associate producer
• Field reporting or production experience at university or post-graduation desirable
• Experience using online sources for research is required
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to find answers to very specific questions
• Passion about the news
• Ability to work in a fast-paced 24/7 environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67ov9-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.