WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for screening and verfiying all incoming distribution digital master files for all WarnerMedia Platforms including HBO MAX. Technical evaluation of content includes assessment of all file content to assure that they meet WM specifications using our Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) which is a cloud based workflow. The overall QC check includes video file compliance, audio compliance for multiple languages, capitons and subtitle files, DVS and dub cards. Along with that, the QC Tech will check metadata to assure each file is properly marked with the correct title, add segmentation markings, binge markings and open and end credit markings.Position will be responsible for researching, reporting and resolving issues that affect the overall quality of audio,video and component files of received media.
Quality Control Inspection/Verification:
• Provide technical inspection of all program files as well as isolate any edit problems related to production processes.
• Must be able to operate and trouble shoot various equipment/software types such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Baton QC, IRIS, Colorfront. Also requires knowledge of 4K material and QC processes.
• Technical evaluation of content includes assessment overall quality of video, audio and component files
• For the video file we assure all files are in spec by reviewing luminance and chroma, vertical and horizontal blanking, aspect ratio of content, PSE video flashing (Harding Test), gamut errors, pixilation errors, bad edits using both a manual QC method as well as reviewing the auto QC report (BATON).
• For audio we assess language tracks to assure all are in sync and assure they are in CALM compliance. Also make sure all language tracks are marked correctly and confirm all tracks are in the correct order, specifically 5.1 and adjust as needed.
• For captions we review the captioning and subtitle files in real time to make sure they all are in sync and trigger correctly for a good viewer experience. Assure that all caption and subtitle tracks are marked correctly according to the language.
• Metadata evaluation consists of the following
• Matching content ordered against content received
• Validating correct Platform and Network destinations as multiple versions of content for same title may have been ordered.
• Will capture content attribute information ensuring accuracy and dependability of the content metadata by checking slate, title page and end credits.
• Capture attribute information such as segmentation of content, length of open and closing credits for possible binge markings, language/vendor, release year.
• Verify that all data entered into the system is in accordance with specified data cataloging standards as well as matches the content's title card or slate.
• May need to capture additional questionable material based on S&P notes such as Dialogue, Sex, and Violence. Determine if title has been edited for content/time, time compressed, panned and scanned. Determine version such as theatrical, TV, airline and syndicated Network long/short, Domestic, LatAM or EMEA Max version.
• Will capture record of content quality in QC report as well as write and issue rejection reports to CSO team for resolution.
• Will make recommendations for workarounds to CSO and internal editors for rejected content that can be corrected in-house.
• Prioritize content through communication with CSO, Content Customization and the brands themselves
• Attend meetings and work with BEST engineering WMSS App Support and DMO teams to triage issues, communicate problems, and suggest resolutions and upgrades to improve workflow.
• Respond to inquiries regarding an issue they discovered and assist QC Supervisors and Managers in answering questions from distributors and internal clients to ensure product flow is not interrupted.
• Communicate discrepancies GMSC workflow or library for correction.
4 plus years previously working in a broadcasting environment preforming technical quality control and utilizing Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, IRIS or Colorfront with some editing skills
4 years + knowledge of how to work in with various file codecs and wrappers such as MOV, MXF, IMF, ProRes, DNX, JPEG200, etc.
The position requires extreme attention to detail and time sensitivity
Above average organizational skills and able to work under pressure & tight deadline
Experienced in Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/Outlook/Smartsheet
Knowledge with automated QC processes including Baton, Vidchecker, Aurora etc.
This position will work in a hybrid work arrangement, working on site for at least 3 days per week
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WBD requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bmbv-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.