What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Production Assistant supports the Director and Vice President of Program Development and should be a self-motivated individual with strong research, writing, video selection, note taking and transcribing skills. The PA should love CNN Original Series and Films and closely follow the people and personalities who shape our national conservation. Daily duties include coordinating all deliverable promo assets for our films and series: clips, screeners, ad promo log, scripts; assisting on guest segments: researching, vetting, pre-interviewing and coordinating logistics; assisting on package production: tracking promo material, assisting producer with info and video research; tracking series & film launch plans for the overall team, including on-air, digital, social, PR, creative marketing, etc.; detailed note taking; coordinating internal and external Zooms/meetings/calls and assisting with any other production needs. Flexibility, time management and working efficiently on tight deadlines is essential. Brainstorming new ideas and guests to feature on CNN's platforms is a must. Willingness to take on a variety of tasks and projects with an eye toward developing new skills ideal.
What do we need from you?
• Prior production experience that includes basic video research and editing skills
• Prior research experience - online databases
• Familiarity with social media trends, cultural influencers, national politics, and general news events and issues.
• Ability to interact with on-air talent and high level executives in a professional and productive manner.
• Familiarity with Newsapps (MIRA, Mediasource), frame.io, Microsoft Office, Google, Cisco Webex, Zoom, Getty & AP archives a plus.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Must be highly organized, a creative problem solver, Team player; good attitude; flexible
• Ability to multi-task and be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• College Degree required
But wait, there's more!
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpnp7-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.